Alberto Local Watch/Warning Statement/Advisory Number 2
Alberto Local Watch/Warning Statement/Advisory Number 2 National Weather Service New Orleans LA AL012018 416 PM CDT Fri May 25 2018
/O.NEW.KLIX.TR.A.1001.180525T2116Z-000000T0000Z/ St. James- 416 PM CDT Fri May 25 2018
...TROPICAL STORM WATCH IN EFFECT...
A Tropical Storm Watch means tropical storm-force winds are possible somewhere within this area within the next 48 hours
* LOCATIONS AFFECTED - Lutcher - Gramercy
* WIND - LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Below tropical storm force wind - Peak Wind Forecast: 10-15 mph with gusts to 25 mph
- POTENTIAL THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY: Potential for wind 39 to 57 mph - PLAN: Plan for hazardous wind of equivalent tropical storm force due to possible forecast changes in track, size, or intensity. - PREPARE: Efforts to protect property should now be underway. Prepare for limited wind damage. - ACT: Act now to complete preparations before the wind becomes hazardous.
- POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Limited - Damage to porches, awnings, carports, sheds, and unanchored mobile homes. Unsecured lightweight objects blown about. - Many large tree limbs broken off. A few trees snapped or uprooted, but with greater numbers in places where trees are shallow rooted. Some fences and roadway signs blown over. - A few roads impassable from debris, particularly within urban or heavily wooded places. Hazardous driving conditions on bridges and other elevated roadways. - Scattered power and communications outages.
* STORM SURGE - LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Localized storm surge possible - Peak Storm Surge Inundation: The potential for up to 2 feet above ground somewhere within surge prone areas - Window of concern: Begins early Saturday evening
- POTENTIAL THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY: Potential for storm surge flooding greater than 1 foot above ground - PLAN: Plan for storm surge flooding greater than 1 foot above ground. - PREPARE: Complete preparations for storm surge flooding, especially in low-lying vulnerable areas, before conditions become unsafe. - ACT: Leave immediately if evacuation orders are given for your area.
- POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Limited - Localized inundation with storm surge flooding mainly along immediate shorelines and in low-lying spots, or in areas farther inland near where higher surge waters move ashore. - Sections of roads and parking lots become overspread with surge water. Driving conditions dangerous in places where surge water covers the road. - Minor to locally moderate damage to marinas, docks, boardwalks, and piers. A few small craft broken away from moorings.
* FLOODING RAIN - LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Flash Flood Watch is in effect - Peak Rainfall Amounts: Additional around 1 inch
- POTENTIAL THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY: Little or no potential for flooding rain - PLAN: There is little or no potential for flooding rain. - PREPARE: Little to no preparations are needed to protect against flooding rain at this time. - ACT: Monitor for changes to the forecast.
- POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Little to None - Little to no potential impacts from flooding rain.
* TORNADO - LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: - Situation is unfavorable for tornadoes
- POTENTIAL THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY: Tornadoes not expected - PLAN: Tornadoes are not expected. Showers and thunderstorms with gusty winds may still occur. - PREPARE: Little to no preparations needed to protect against tornadoes at this time. Keep informed of the latest tornado situation. - ACT: Listen for changes in the forecast.
- POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Little to None - Little to no potential impacts from tornadoes.
* FOR MORE INFORMATION: - http://emergency.louisiana.gov